EFAMA Publishes New UCITS Inflows Data
This past Friday, September 29th, The European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) published its latest Investment Funds Industry Fact Sheet, which provides net sales of UCITS and AIF for July 2017. 29 associations representing more than 99 percent of total UCITS and AIF assets provided EFAMA with net sales data.
The main developments in July 2017 can be summarized as follows:
• Net inflows into UCITS and AIF totaled EUR 96 billion, compared to EUR 65 billion in June.
• UCITS registered net inflows of EUR 83 billion, up from EUR 34 billion in June.
o Long-term UCITS (UCITS excluding money market funds) recorded net sales of EUR 61 billion, compared to EUR 66 billion in June.
- Net sales of equity funds totaled EUR 19 billion, up from EUR 9 billion in June.
- Net sales of bond funds totaled EUR 29 billion, down from EUR 36 billion in June.
- Net sales of multi-asset funds totaled EUR 11 billion, down from EUR 19 billion in June.
o UCITS money market funds registered net inflows of EUR 22 billion, a reversal from net outflows of EUR 33 billion in June.
• AIF recorded net sales of EUR 13 billion, down from the EUR 32 billion recorded in June.
• Total net assets of UCITS and AIFs totaled EUR 15,059 billion at end July, compared to EUR 14,964 billion at end June and EUR 14,147 billion at end 2016.
Bernard Delbecque, Senior director for Economics and Research at EFAMA commented: “For the third consecutive month, long-term UCITS witnessed net inflows exceeding EUR 60 billion in July, with equity funds attracting a level of net sales not seen since December 2015.”