GAM Assets Up CHF6bn In Q1 2018
Investment firm GAM Holding AG reported its Q1 results today. The firm announced Q1 group net inflows of CHF 6.0 billion. The highlights were:
- Group assets under management up to CHF 162.3 billion as at 31 March 2018 from CHF 158.7 billion as at 31 December 2017
- Investment management:
- Net inflows of CHF 2.5 billion, with inflows across a broad range of funds, in particular into specialist fixed income and systematic strategies
- Assets under management of CHF 85.7 billion, up from CHF 84.4 billion as at 31 December 2017, driven by strong net inflows, partly offset by negative market and foreign exchange movements
- Private labelling:
- Net inflows of CHF 3.5 billion
- Assets under management of CHF 76.6 billion, up from CHF 74.3 billion as at 31 December 2017, driven by strong net inflows, partly offset by negative market and foreign exchange movements
Group CEO Alexander S. Friedman said: "The good momentum we had in 2017 continued into the first quarter. Our investment strategies continued to deliver strong performance, our net inflows across a broad range of products were solid, and we are on track with our strategic initiatives. Our focus remains on the diligent execution of our strategic plan, predicated on offering our clients performing and differentiated products, strengthening our distribution, and improving operating efficiency along with effective risk management.
We continue to see good demand for specialised products that offer diversification versus traditional asset classes and broad market trends. Nevertheless, market volatility has increased noticeably over the last few months, which may lead clients to become more cautious."