Tikehau Capital Assets Up To EUR14.2bn In Q1 2018
Tikehau Capital announced its Q1 2018 AUM numbers today. The firm's AUM totalled €14.2bn as at 31 March 2018. The €0.4bn first quarter increase in assets under management was driven by net inflows of €0.6bn, partially offset by the impact of distributions carried out during the period.
As at 31 March 2018, the breakdown for Tikehau Capital’s assets under management was as follows:
Private Debt: €6.1bn in AuM as at 31 March 2018
During the first quarter of 2018, the private debt business continued to grow, with AuM increasing by €0.1bn:
- Direct lending –During the marketing phase for Tikehau Direct Lending IV (TDL IV), Tikehau Capital completed several closings and TDL IV already reached a larger size than the preceding fund (TDL III).
- Corporate lending – Tikehau Capital launched the Tikehau NOVO 2018 fund, a new vintage of the NOVO 2 fund launched in 2013 that currently represents €0.2bn in AuM. The launch of the NOVO 2018 fund coincides with the efforts of the French Insurance Federation (FFA) and the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (CDC) to provide and support innovative financing for French companies.
- CLO – Tikehau Capital is in the warehousing phase for its fourth CLO which should launch during summer 2018.
Real Estate: €2.2bn in AuM as at 31 March 2018
During the first quarter of 2018, Tikehau Capital prepared the launch phase for Tikehau Real Estate Opportunities (TREO), an opportunistic real estate fund implementing a value-added strategy investing in commercial property, hotels and development focusing on the European market.
Liquid Strategies: €3.3bn in AuM as at 31 March 2018
AuM in liquid strategies have been driven by growth in the Tikehau Taux Variables fund which is now a reference in its segment.
Private Equity: €2.6bn in AuM as at 31 March 2018
Drawing on its expertise and longstanding track-record, Tikehau Capital has launched two new schemes within the development of its private equity business line for its client-investors:
- An energy transition fund launched in association with Total SA which has already received €0.2bn in commitments; and
- A minority-investment theme fund (Tikehau Growth Equity II) is currently being launched. This fund has made an initial investment into Filiassur and is in exclusive talks for an investment into Nexteam.
The firm is bullish for the remainder of the calendar year. It said:
"Tikehau Capital has recorded strong marketing momentum across all of its business lines which should lead to a significant growth in AUM during 2018".