Context Goes To Vegas
Context Capital Partners, a leading alternative investment specialist firm, today announced its inaugural Context Leadership Summit will take place May 8th – 11th at the Aria Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. Building on Context Summit's successful flagship format, which convenes alternative investment managers and allocators representing over $3 trillion in cumulative assets under management, the Context Leadership Summit will kick off with a full day of thought leadership programming featuring the world's top investors, policymakers and other titans of finance to discuss the current economic and financial landscape. The expanded format will also include one-and-a-half days of focused meetings and networking opportunities.
"In a period of change and uncertainty, we've recognized an opportunity to meet the desire of the alternative investment industry to gather and share diverse perspectives and ideas for navigating the market cycles," said Ron Biscardi, co-founder and CEO of Context Capital Partners. "We are excited to hear from top thought leaders, and continue to facilitate a highly-productive forum for managers and allocators to meet and walk away with actionable investment leads."
The Context Leadership Summit Las Vegas will offer a robust thought leadership program and impactful networking interactions with prominent asset allocators, as well as hone in on specific and emerging alternative investment strategies such as social impact investing and cryptocurrencies. Among the confirmed featured speakers are:
- Olivier Blanchard, former Chief Economist, Economic Counsellor and Director of the Research Department at the International Monetary Fund;
- Dick Cheney, Vice President of the United States (2001-2009)
- Stanley Fischer, former Vice Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System;
- Mohamed A. El-Erian, Chief Economic Advisor at Allianz; Chair of President Obama's Global Development Council (2012-2017); former CEO and co-CIO of PIMCO; and an Internationally Recognized Expert on the World Economy & Finance;
- Sallie Krawcheck, CEO and Co-Founder of Ellevest;
- Leon Panetta, Co-Founder of the Panetta Institute for Public Policy; 23rd Secretary of Defense of the United States; and
- Tali Sharot, a leading expert in human decision-making, optimism and emotion and the author of several books including The Optimism Bias: A Tour of the Irrationally Positive Brain (Pantheon/Random House, 2011).
Mark Salameh, CEO of Context Summits, added, "Having just hosted several thousand industry participants in Miami this past January, we are focused on continuing the momentum and offering a unique experience for investors to discuss and pitch ideas in key cities throughout the world. The expanded program in Las Vegas is sure to provide participants with invaluable insights and new business relationships."