Tree Line Capital Partners And Employees Donate Over $50,000 For COVID-19 Relief
Private credit investor Tree Line Capital Partners has launched an initiative whereby the firm's employees and Partners are donating a portion of their annual salaries to charities who work in their local communities to deliver real-time aid and relief to those most vulnerable and underserved. Tree Line Capital Partners matches every donation dollar for dollar; the initiative was borne out the impact that the Covid-19 pandemic is having on communities where Tree Line has a local presence.
Donated funds went to charities qualified by Tree Line as having high charitable commitments and capable of deploying funds and services swiftly. Several of these charities are listed below.
- GiveDirectlyNYC: A leading global nonprofit specializing in digital cash transfers, their COVID-19 Fund is providing direct cash transfers to families enrolled in SNAP living in areas affected by COVID-19.
- Food Bank for New York City: A hunger-relief organization providing a multifaceted approach to helping low-income New Yorkers overcome their circumstances.
- Compass Family Services: Supporting homeless families and those at imminent risk to achieve stability, Compass created an Emergency COVID-19 Family Care Kit Program providing digital gift cards for emergency supplies.
- OneFamilyLA: Providing assistance for basic necessities to families with children in preschool through 12th grade who live within the boundaries of Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Oakland Public Education Fund: Supporting the highest-needs families and schools in the Oakland Unified School District, their COVID-19 Relief Fund is feeding students and families, supporting online learning and providing cash assistance.
The $58,051 in contributions made across the firm thus far have resulted in 25,506 meals for those in need, 33 Family Care Kits and direct financial assistance for 42 to 64 families.
“As a lender to small- and medium-size businesses throughout the U.S., we feel compelled to mobilize our resources and support those most vulnerable and affected in this time of crisis,” Managing Partner Tom Quimby said. “We encourage our industry peers, employees, friends and colleagues in similar positions to find ways to contribute to their communities as well.”
© The Sortino Group Ltd
All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or scanning or otherwise, except under the terms of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 or under the terms of a licence issued by the Copyright Licensing Agency or other Reprographic Rights Organisation, without the written permission of the publisher. For more information about reprints from AlphaWeek, click here.